Ninth Street Park is a 3 acre park that was acquired in 1840 as a cemetery and became the second burial ground in Owensboro.
Graves that were located at Ninth Street Cemetery were eventually moved to a third burial ground on Fifth Street, just off Triplett Street. It was Called Rural Cemetery. There are a few graves that remain on the property presently. Family members to the Griffith and Moseley Families, the original owners of the property.