Legion Park, formerly called Hickman Park, is a 23.75 acre park acquired in 1894 and is the second oldest park in Owensboro. Traditionally the park was a family picnic area, emphasizing in shaded areas to eat and playground equipment. in 1983 the first renovation took place to the park adding 2 tennis courts, 2 screened in dining halls, a light basketball court, playground equipment, restrooms, park keeper house, and a walking trail.
- Spray Park open 9:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m. Memorial Day Weekend through the end of September, weather permitting
- Paved walking trail – 0.5 mile
- Picnic tables
- 1 Open-Air picnic shelter – first come first served
- 2 Screened picnic shelters – call to reserve
- 1 Lighted basketball court – open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- 1 Street soccer court