Edge Summer Day Camp 2018 is currently FULL and not accepting registrations.
Times: 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Dates: May 29 – August 7 – Subject to change according to school schedule. (No camp Memorial Day or July 4)
Days: Monday – Friday
Location: Edge Ice Center
Registration Deadline: May 4 (Registration forms located at the bottom of this page.)
(Late registrations accepted if space is available. $10 late fee will be charged.)
Weekly Fee Per Child: $83 whole week/$68 three days or fewer ($3 per week sibling discount)
Includes breakfast, lunch, snacks camp shirt and camp bag.
*Yearly Registration Fee: $35 per child non-refundable
Minimum Fee: $20 per week per child regardless of attendance.
Advance payment for the first week of camp is due at the time of registration.
7:00-8:00 a.m. Early Room/Breakfast
8:00-8:30 a.m. Warm Up
8:30-Noon: Groups rotate on-ice time and off-ice activities. Minimum 1-hour ice time for each group.
Noon-1:00 p.m. Lunch/Free Time
1:00-2:30 p.m. Free time on ice, swimming or field trip
2:45 p.m. Snack
3:00-5:30 p.m. Park, Crafts, Movies
5:30-6:00 p.m. Wrap-up days activities
* Operates like a traditional Day Camp with a focus on ice sports
* Campers groups focus on (depending on interest)
* Basic skating skills
* Figure skating skills
* Hockey skills
* Instructors from the Youth Hockey Association and the Owensboro Figure Skating Club
* Work on ON-ICE and OFF-ICE techniques
* Scrimmage games
* Skating competitions
* Skills competitions
* Guaranteed the most fun you can have at day camp on ice!
Example of on-ice activities
▪ Moves in the field (Freestyle)
▪ Stick handling (Hockey)
▪ Forward and backward skating techniques (All)
▪ Power (Hockey and Freestyle)
▪ Game scenarios (Hockey)
▪ Choreography and music appreciation (Freestyle)
Example of off-ice activities
▪ Strength training (All)
▪ Dry ground conditioning (All)
▪ Ballet/musical interpretation (Freestyle)
▪ Stretching and warm-up techniques (All)
▪ Game play scenarios (Hockey)
▪ Nutrition (All)
Due at time of registration
- Authorized Pick-Up
- Rules Sign-Off
- Swim Test Permission
- Bullying Pledge
- Current immunization form
- Yearly registration fee
- Payment for first week of camp